Sunday, June 23, 2013

This Girl's Urban Garden: What's Growing on my Deck

Summer has taken its sweet slow time arriving this year but it's finally really hot outside. I mean gross hot ... I love it.  I'm sure my urban garden is loving it also.  Here are just a few things I am growing this year:

 Red Pepper: Starter plants courtesy of Sosnicki Organics

I again bought starter plants for all of my herbs but immediately moved them into bigger containers and they grew bigger so quickly!

Lemon Thyme.


Sage

Cherry belle Radishes ... which by this point I have already harvested half.

Basil ... which will go great with my tomatoes!

 Cherry tomato (one of three tomato plants)

Black Beauty Eggplant. My first time ever growing it, I really hope it produces something.

 Black beans, which will have to be trellised to encourage upwards growth.

Just a few of the many, many greens I am growing, including kale, lettuce and ...

Arugula!

Zucchini


My harvested radishes ... gorgeous!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...